The days may be short but when the sun is on the snow, there’s nothing else like winter in Door County! Cozy up at the Inn and enjoy all that this breathtaking season has to offer.
Here are some ideas for Great Door County winter experiences to check off your list this season!
1) Shake the winter blues by hiking, skiing, or sledding at a state or county park.
2) Welcome the New Year by plunging into Lake Michigan during the annual Jacksonport Polar Bear Swim.
3) Climb on-board the Trolley for a Winter Wonderland Tour.
4) Indulge in a private Sleigh or Carriage ride with Mayberry’s Carriages.
5) Find your artistic side and create your own masterpiece at Hands On Art Studio.
6) Ice fish for freshwater favorites or let an expert guide assist you in reeling in a trophy fish.
7) Embark on a guided snowshoe hike at The Ridges, Wisconsin’s oldest private nature preserve.
8) Check out the new Door County Brewing Co. tap room in Baileys Harbor (and keep an eye out for live music there on the weekend!).
9) Ski with candles and moonlight as your guide at a Door County candlelit ski. (keep an eye on the Peninsula Pulse for this winter’s dates).
10) Take the ferry to Washington Island for a remote afternoon escape and be awed as it carves a path through the ice (then warm up with a shot of Bitters at Nelsen’s Hall!).
11) Bust out your skates and get a team together for the annual Door County Pond Hockey Tournament in Baileys Harbor.
12) Head up to Sister Bay to test your score-keeping skills at the Sister Bay Bowl
13) Discover serene escapes and wilderness by snowmobile.
14) Relax and unwind by the fireplace and a cup of coffee and a book in your Villa followed by a bubble bath.
15) Channel your inner culinary aficionado at nationally-acclaimed restaurants, inviting bistros, and cozy cafes.
16) Celebrate the season with ice carving and music atFish Creek Winter Festival
17) Take in one of the many Door County Land Trust Nature Preserves. These are some of the most beautiful hidden gems in the county, and Bay Point Inn is within ten minutes of four of them.